Housing Manager Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HOUSING MANAGER ASSISTANT
(One Year Term Position)
Fisher River Cree Nation is currently seeking a Housing Manager Assistant to work directly under the Housing Manager. The duties of this position shall include:
- Respond to external and internal inquiries on a daily basis – entering into a daily log book to keep track of items that need to be completed.
- Respond to general inquires on a daily basis, which includes communicating with Chief and Council, Director of Operations, contractors, suppliers, community members, and outside agencies.
- Ensure a daily log book is entered for all incoming requests – work orders, housing applications and renovation requests.
- Prepare lists of each incoming requests for monthly committee meetings.
- Complete and prepare minutes for all housing meetings (monthly and community meetings)
- Approve work-orders for Housing Clerk to complete and file.
- Draft and/or prepare memos, correspondence and reports on a monthly basis and as requested.
- Perform other duties assigned – willing to work in evenings and weekends as needed for housing community meetings.
- Ensure the Housing Clerk completes duties on a daily basis to assist in preparing for meetings with Chief and Council, Housing Committee and/or community members, to maintain filing system, and to handle work order clerical duties on payroll weeks.
- Must have an Administrative Assistant Certificate or a combination of (2) years related experience and/or education/training
- A class 5 Driver’s License and use of a vehicle
- Experience working with computer programs (Windows, Word, and Excel) – Must be able to type 40-50 wpm
- Excellent written and organizational skills
- Experience working independently and with minimal supervision
- Effective interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrate initiative, setting priorities and skills in time management
- Fisher River is willing to provide training in areas that is needed (ie, minute taking, filing, Microsoft training)
- Preference will be made first to Fisher River Cree Nation Members; however, all are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are required to submit their Criminal Records Check, an Adult Abuse Registry check and a Child Abuse Registry Check with Resume.
DEADLINE: Open Posting until filled
Please submit Resume along with a cover letter and two (2) written reference letters from recent employers to:
Human Resource Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (204) 645-2745
Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01). We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all others who apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.