(2) Mental Health Therapists
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fisher River Cree Nation Board of Education invites applications for 2 Mental Health Therapists. (Charles Sinclair School – Elementary & Fisher River High School – Junior and Senior High)
The Mental Health Therapist will work independently providing competent and responsive mental health services to students through life skills training, mentoring, crisis intervention and risk management.
- Degree in counselling, social work, psychology or related discipline from a recognized university, Certification as a School Clinician in Manitoba may be required;
- Clinical experience relating to crisis intervention and therapeutic support for students dealing with challenges including but not limited to suicide prevention, trauma recovery, mental health, substance use/abuse, harm reduction, anxiety, depression, abuse, developmental trauma, post traumatic stress, child protection, mental health diagnoses, family issues, grief and loss.
- Experience with individual and group counselling services;
- A highly-motivated individual who is innovative, has a proven ability to work with a very high degree of accuracy, attention to detail with effective verbal and listening communications skills;
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, customs and traditions;
- Assess the needs of students to develop an appropriate plan for therapy services which may involve the family unit.
- Maintain current accurate written documentation and records of therapy services provided.
- Develop, implement and facilitate individual/group programs as identified by community needs.
- Work along with school/community to develop programming to improve mental health wellness.
- Identify and utilize community resources and support areas when needed.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with staff members, working both collaboratively and independently
Applicants may submit a covering letter along with a resume, current Child Abuse and Criminal Record Checks, along with 3 references (one of which must be the current/last supervisor) to:
Fisher River Board of Education Office
Box 368, Koostatak, MB. R0C 1S0
The successful candidate’s employment is contingent upon meeting all pre-employment policies of the Fisher River Cree Nation.
Deadline for resumes: Open Until Filled
Your application has been successfully submitted.